Description: This is a Full Time Firefighter / Emergency Medical Technician employment position.
Nature of Position: Employee will be responsible for staffing the company’s basic life support ambulance, providing emergency medical care and transportation, as well as staffing fire apparatus as needed. Employee must be able to perform related duties associated with this function with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Responsibilities: Provide basic life support care and transport of the sick and injured. Complete related EMS, fire and rescue documents associated with these tasks. Other duties will include light preventive maintenance (fuel fills, oil check and fill), routine checks of EMS equipment and vehicles. Perform housekeeping duties. The company may add other responsibilities as the need arises, without advanced notice. Employee must show initiative at promoting the team concept. Annual physical and random substance abuse examinations may be required.
Hours of Work: Sunday – Saturday 0600-1800, 1800-0600 (12 hour shifts)
• Primary Shift will be: Monday – Thursday (0600-1800) / Tuesday – Friday (0600 – 1800)
o Every other week employees will rotate between Mon-Thurs & Tues-Fri
Benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental
Pay Rate: $17.00* per hour
* Additional pay may be negotiated for applicants who exceed the minimum qualifications for employment.
• 21 Years of Age
• High School graduate (or Equivalent)
• Valid Delaware Driver’s License
• Valid Delaware EVO Card
• NREMT-B / DE-EMT-B
• 3 Years of Active EMT Experience
• Valid CPR/AED Card
• DSFS Basic Fire Fighting Skills (or Equivalent)
• DSFS Basic Vehicle Rescue Skills (or Equivalent)
• DSFS Structural Fire Fighting Skills (or Equivalent)
• DSFS Basic Hazardous Materials Response Skills (or Equivalent)
• Preferred: Water Rescue Training / Boat Operators Course
• Preferred: DSFS Crew Leader or greater (Officer Training)
• Current Members of the Minquas Fire Company are not eligible to be hired for this position.
• Current members may apply, but must resign from the Company if they are offered the full-time position
Minquas Fire Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company offers equal employment opportunities for all, regardless of: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, reproductive health decision, national origin, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, past or current military service, marital status, family responsibility, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sexual offense, or stalking, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Minquas Fire Company is committed to a drug free environment for the protection of our members, employees and the community we serve. The Company reserves the right to require pre-employment, incident based and random drug screening without advanced notice.
Applicants must complete the State of Delaware Volunteer Fireman’s Criminal History Affidavit attached to the back of this application.
Application Procedure: Interested individuals may obtain an application by clicking below or in person at:
MINQUAS FIRE COMPANY #1
21 N. JAMES STREET
PO BOX 3073
NEWPORT, DELAWARE 19804
Completed applications in a sealed envelope may be dropped off at the firehouse or mailed to the address above. ***Applications must be received by or postmarked 07/07/2017 or before.***